Sr. Network Administrator (FT)
Edina Realty Home Services is seeking a Sr. Network Administrator. This candidate will have experience working with network infrastructure devices and protocols, and a proven ability to design, deploy, and maintain solutions supporting high-availability network infrastructures. Candidates must be highly motivated and will be required to respond to and provide resolutions to problems on a timely basis. This position is responsible for planning, design, configuring, managing, monitoring, and troubleshooting of a variety of network systems.
In addition, this position will also act as an administrator maintaining portions of the azure cloud environment including the monitoring, configurations, and maintenance of the environment. This role will work collaboratively with affiliate companies and Home Services of America IT and Security teams.
This position is responsible for several key aspects of the IT department such as maintaining, monitoring, education, researching, and recommending implementation of systems and improvements to meet business requirements. You will manage and prioritize Network and Infrastructure projects, design and develop systems to attain maximum efficiencies and minimize costs.
- Responsible for overall design, configuration, implementation and support of the local and wide area networks using Palo Alto and Meraki solutions.
- Responsible for all network equipment including firewalls, routers, and switches and connectivity to them.
- Resolve complex networking problems.
- Provide support for DNS, DHCP scopes, and wireless networks.
- Patch management for all network equipment and monitoring tools.
- Participate in disaster recovery planning, development, exercises and actual events.
- Analyze server resource usage to measure efficiency and determine upgrade needs.
- Develops, updates and audits network documentation.
- Azure cloud environment configurations, maintenance, monitoring, and support.
- Assist with on prem server migrations to azure cloud environment.
- Ensure Cybersecurity best practices are in place and work with solutions such as Bitsight and InsightVM to remediate vulnerabilities.
- Assist with technology roadmap development, management, and maintenance.
- Participate in yearly IT audits and remediate vulnerabilities.
- Provides technical training and direction to team members.
- Anticipates, identifies, and defines problems. Seeks root causes. Develops and implements practical and timely solutions.
- Troubleshoot and manage calls/tickets escalated from the technical services group.
- Complete product testing and deployment for networking and infrastructure
- Assist in application rollouts.
- Monitor and evaluate emerging technologies and software applications, perform cost/benefit analysis, and recommend appropriate technologies to company management.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, business administration or related field; or equivalent work experience and knowledge.
- Eight+ years of diverse technical experience.
- Ability to architect, implement and administer Microsoft O365, Microsoft Server 2008, 2012, 2016, Active Directory & Azure Active Directory, SQL, Linux, Microsoft IIS, Microsoft Exchange 2013, 2016, Office 365, Email & Internet Security, Symantec Endpoint Security, VMware, Sharepoint.
- Engineer and implement front and back-end servers, to include LAN / WAN hardware, using HP, Palo Alto, Aerohive and EMC products.
- Engineer and implement solutions on a wide variety of data network and security elements.
- Perform security engineering tasks such as implementing firewalls, establishing VPNs within multiple locations and administration of DNS records.
- Ensure that system updates and patches are maintained across networking equipment.
- Engineer, implement and manage disaster recovery data backup solutions using Azure back Data Domain and replication.
- Experience in all platforms of server hardware. Including, HP servers, rack configuration modeling, blade servers and advanced storage solutions. Ability to design and implement data storage policies on SAN on premise and Azure.
- Expert working knowledge in the operation of Ethernet LAN switching protocols and standards.
- Ability to design, implement and manage redundant power to provide 100% uptime requirements using battery backup UPS and external generator power systems.
- Strong experience on TCP/IP architectures, routing protocols, and ability to design fail-over network platforms using BGP.
- Ability to perform 7x24 advanced tier troubleshooting including off-hour maintenance activities, problem resolution and on-call troubleshooting efforts.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Strong understanding of the Open Systems interconnection (OSI) model with emphasis on TCP/IP architecture policies and procedures.
- Provide knowledge of current network standards, protocols and server maintenance schedules in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Knowledge of 7x24x365 data center operations, including the ability to manage environmental operations of fault-tolerant power and HVAC requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to plan and analyze, think creatively about solutions to business problems, and initiate and manage change.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, and able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to translate technical information into user-friendly language.
- Previous real estate, title and/or mortgage industry experience a plus
We think Edina Realty Home Services is a great place to work, but you don't have to take our word for it. We have consistently been named a Star Tribune Top Workplace !
Employees working 30 or more hours per week receive many benefits, including:
- Medical, dental and vision and life insurance
- Short term disability and long term disability
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Incentive plan
- Discount programs
- Volunteer Time
After more than 60 years, Edina Realty Home Services continues to uphold the core values of honesty, integrity and commitment set by founder Emma Rovick in 1955. Edina Realty employees enjoy a supportive, fun, and flexible work environment that values innovation, creativity and new ideas. Management and leadership are accessible and encourage input from employees.
*Edina Realty Home Services provides equal opportunity (EEOC) to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, disabled veteran, Vietnam era vet, marital status or other non-job related characteristics or category protected by US. Federal, state of local law.