Tenant Account Analyst
Position Title: Tenant Account Analyst
Location: 2 Locations
Full Time/Part Time: Full time | Full time | Full time
Posted Date: Posted Yesterday | Posted 23 Days Ago | Posted Yesterday
Req ID: R74-2023
******Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position.****** We are currently seeking a Tenant Account Analyst to act as the primary tenant and internal customer contact, and will also act as a liaison with our third party lease administration team.
- Internal liaison with Leasing, Property Management, Regional Counsel and our third party lease administration team
- Review of tenant CAM & real estate tax billings
- Support internal requests for detailed lease interpretation and any supporting calculations
- Manage tenant vacates
- Review the monthly rent roll, specifically monitoring tenants awaiting rent commencement
- Process and notify tenants of changes in their rent, CAM, real estate tax and other charges
- Review late fees prior to assessment
- Run quarterly statements
- Prepare / provide due diligence documentation as required
- Primary responsibilities also include; Tenant account maintenance, collections and pursuit
- Collecting tenant rents and all other charges
- Handle all tenant discussions and communications
- Responsible for tenant accounts receivable pursuit, documentation and follow-up
- Resolve all disputed charges, including CAM, real estate tax, base rent, utility and other charges
- Research and apply unapplied cash balances
- Prepare tenant demand and default notices
- Set up and monitor payment plans
- Identify and process write-offs
- Identify tenants for legal collections (with outside attorneys)
- Manage legal collections pursuit liaising with internal and external counsel
- A/R management reporting
- Establish and maintain a healthy and productive relationship between landlord and tenant
- Special projects as assigned
- 2 or 4 year degree with business concentration preferred, or equivalent, relevant work experience
- 2 - 3 years' experience in commercial real estate
- Collection experience preferred
- Ability to read and understand complex real estate based legal documents
- Real estate / commercial lease abstractions skills are a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, with ability to quickly pick up other systems
- Strong written and verbal skills
Kimco Realty is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression.
Kimco's mission is to create destinations for everyday living that inspire a sense of community and deliver value to our many stakeholders.
Kimco Realty® (NYSE:KIM) is a real estate investment trust (REIT) headquartered in Jericho, N.Y. that is North America's largest publicly traded owner and operator of open-air, grocery-anchored shopping centers, and a growing portfolio of mixed-use assets. The company's portfolio is primarily concentrated in the first-ring suburbs of the top major metropolitan markets, including those in high-barrier-to-entry coastal markets and rapidly expanding Sun Belt cities, with a tenant mix focused on essential, necessity-based goods and services that drive multiple shopping trips per week.
Kimco Realty is also committed to leadership in environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues and is a recognized industry leader in these areas. The company, which completed a holding company reorganization on January 1, 2023 to an Umbrella Partnership REIT ("UPREIT"), is publicly traded on the NYSE since 1991, included in the S&P 500 Index, and has specialized in shopping center ownership, management, acquisitions, and value enhancing redevelopment activities for more than 60 years. As of December 31, 2022, the company owned interests in 532 U.S. shopping centers and mixed-use assets comprising 91 million square feet of gross leasable space.